BRING YOUR VOICE TO HEALTH CARE REGULATION IN BC
Who We Are
The BC Public Advisory Network (BC-PAN) brings the public voice and perspective to multiple health regulators in the province. Health regulators have a shared mandate to serve and protect the public by ensuring regulated health-care professionals are qualified and provide safe and ethical care.
The health regulators involved in the BC-PAN include the:
- BC College of Nursing Professionals
- College of Chiropractors of BC
- College of Dental Surgeons of BC
- College of Massage Therapists of BC
- College of Occupational Therapists of BC
- College of Opticians of BC
- College of Pharmacists of BC
- College of Physical Therapists of BC
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
- College of Psychologists of BC
- College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of BC
The goal of the BC-PAN is to encourage more comprehensive and meaningful public engagement on important issues related to health-care regulation in BC. The public members are asked to provide their feedback on a variety of topics to help guide professional standards and policies, strategic priorities, and communications directed at the public.
Currently, there are eleven public members involved with the BC-PAN. The public members have varying levels of experience interacting with health-care professionals and were selected to represent the diversity of the BC population.
The BC-PAN has recently completed its pilot phase which consisted of two initial meetings. The BC-PAN is now planning for its next year of operation.
- September 25, 2019
- January 29, 2020
- September 30 & October 1, 2020
Joining the BC-PAN
The BC-PAN is currently accepting new members. If you are interested, please apply here.